Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Iron Scottie
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 07 Specialized Enduro, The front tire has a slice so I need a new tire. I was wanting to run a Schwalbe Fat Albert on the front. Which is 26x2.35. The stock tire is 26x2.30. Is that size differences really going to make the tire that much bigger that it may not fit right.

Thanks

·
Registered
464 Posts
There will be no problems fitting a 2.35 on the front. If your local conditions are muddy however, the FA may not be the best choice for the front end as I find it's not the best in those type of conditions.

·
Iron Scottie
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Conditions here are mostly loose. I live in the dessert. Any suggestions on a good tire for those conditions?

·
Registered
411 Posts
s_keets said:
Conditions here are mostly loose. I live in the dessert. Any suggestions on a good tire for those conditions?
Fat Albert on the back and a Big Betty front....best all around combo I have ever used...and they will fit, I promise:D

·
Iron Scottie
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I'm still not sure what way to go. I like the idea of the Big Betty on the front. But one of my concerns is side wall protection. How does the BB hold up? We have shape rocks to deal with here. I was also looking at the Specialized Pinn'er Pro. Anyone have any experience with this tire.

·
Registered
411 Posts
s_keets said:
Thanks for the info guys. I'm still not sure what way to go. I like the idea of the Big Betty on the front. But one of my concerns is side wall protection. How does the BB hold up? We have shape rocks to deal with here. I was also looking at the Specialized Pinner. Anyone have any experience with this tire.
The BB holds up great and is the tire of choice for really rocky terrain in the SE...but rocks are rocks and I think you would be very pleased. And it will be much better than any Spec tire

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I tried the Fat Alberts a few years ago and those thing shed lugs like crazy. I live in NM and we have lots of sharp rocks as well. I like Maxxis tires, getting ready to try the Ardent 2.25 on my new Tracer.

Be aware that a Big Betty 2.4 is listed at 880 grams which may or may not be a lot heavier than what you had. If the weight isn't an issue there are a lot of people who love that tire.

·
Iron Scottie
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ended ordering a Big Betty. I weigh 200 lbs. So I'm not really to concerned about the tire weight. Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.