Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
how big of a drop? I'm sure they're not going to explode or anything if you do an occaisonal drop on them, it'll just be more squirrely because you have such a small contact patch when you're landing.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
shiggy said:
The Karma is a sub-500g XC race tire. FR/DH type drops are not a good idea with this tire.
not supposed to.....but if you are hitting 1 to 3 foot drops then you will be all right.....keep your air pressure up because those side walls are flexie and you will pinch flat easily

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
echo that pinch flats are going to be your biggest issue. keep the pressure up which will probably make the rest of the ride kinda bumpy but it should work. it really helps to be smooth.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lolz well i dont like tubeless anyways and will replace tires asap, funny though, why would they put a race xc tire on a khs dirtjumper? but anyways my question is will 2 inch of tire take the occasional 2-5 foot drop.

·
Registered
605 Posts
potvinwannab said:
lolz well i dont like tubeless anyways and will replace tires asap, funny though, why would they put a race xc tire on a khs dirtjumper? but anyways my question is will 2 inch of tire take the occasional 2-5 foot drop.
yes, my buddy *who is 130ish pounds...* runs 1.95 tires front and back, with a little Mantiou mars fork, with a trek hardtail and does 6-7 foot drops on it, he's a very smooth rider though and obviously not to heavy of a guy. it basically depends on you wether your tire will hold

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i dont know how anyone can even do a 7 foot drop im terrified to ride slowly off the 3 foot step at the local freeride park slowly so my front tire land first and puts my bike on an angle as to lead me safley to a slow landing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.