Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think? 2.35 Nevegal's overkill for a Heckler or just right? I am 215 pounds riding with a 8 pound pack. I run tubeless Mavics (Crossmax XL).

Just a question. Trying to get feedback.

Thanks

·
addict
347 Posts
I have been rollong with the non-tubless nevegal 2.35s on my Heckler. Love the performance of the tire, but they are not that durable. The knobs will seperate from the casing and peel off with plenty of life left in the tread. Looking to try something else, but not sure what.

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
The 2.35 ust nevegal is a good tire. Only area that I give it fault is on the scale. They are over 1000g each IIRC. But they are true to size, so I guess they are about on par for weight in UST for that big of a tire. For all mountain duty it seems to be very durable though. No real surprise on handling, the nev is pretty well mannered.

·
Registered
91 Posts
powderhound82 said:
I have been rollong with the non-tubless nevegal 2.35s on my Heckler. Love the performance of the tire, but they are not that durable. The knobs will seperate from the casing and peel off with plenty of life left in the tread. Looking to try something else, but not sure what.
Had this happen to me twice with nevegals on my heckler. Now running minions on my nomad.

·
Registered
777 Posts
powderhound82 said:
Ran into the same problem with the Nevegals.- Great grip, but wear out way to fast !!! Went with the Conti Mountain Kings Protection 2.4 Great tires for front and rear. Not cheap, but they last more than one season of hard riding. :thumbsup:

·
thread killer
757 Posts
CCRiderKY said:
What do you think? 2.35 Nevegal's overkill for a Heckler or just right? I am 215 pounds riding with a 8 pound pack. I run tubeless Mavics (Crossmax XL).

Just a question. Trying to get feedback.

Thanks
That's what I run on my Heckler, they work fine for me and I'm a bigger guy than you.
I just wish I had the stick-e compound. It works better then the DTC.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I've run either 2.35F / 2/1R or 2.35 both, depending on conditions. They're good all around but begin to show their weakness when really pushing corners or encountering mud . . . lotsa folks around here are starting to run Ardents and really liking them . . . might have to try some myself someday.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've run Nevegals for about 3 years now... awesome all-around tire. esp. good if you are into super twisty trls. not a good mud tire - loads up fast! AND I love the large air volume - cush, with tubes I can get away running lower pressure-25-25lb.
Similar to Spec. Enduro, Adren. or like.
BTW nearing Clydesdale by the storm, Heckler, coils, jumps, drops, xc too!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.