Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Something's tingling
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently running a 2.4 Mutano up front [rigid fork] on my IRO Mia, but I want to bring the front end down a little to help with seated climbing.

Any suggestions on a tire that's just as cushy as the Mutano but has a lower casing height? Judging by the fork legs, I can run 2.5 or 2.6 in there easily. Doable, or am I better off just getting a Kona P2 or similar fork to run with the Mutano?

Just Curious

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Curious said:
I'm currently running a 2.4 Mutano up front [rigid fork] on my IRO Mia, but I want to bring the front end down a little to help with seated climbing.

Any suggestions on a tire that's just as cushy as the Mutano but has a lower casing height? Judging by the fork legs, I can run 2.5 or 2.6 in there easily. Doable, or am I better off just getting a Kona P2 or similar fork to run with the Mutano?

Just Curious
No, not do-able. Width and casing height are closely related. Even going to a 2.1 tire would lower the axle by only 3-5 mm.

Fork change? Depends on the length of your current fork.

Try lowering the bars.

·
Something's tingling
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shiggy said:
No, not do-able. Width and casing height are closely related. Even going to a 2.1 tire would lower the axle by only 3-5 mm.

Fork change? Depends on the length of your current fork.

Try lowering the bars.
That's what I thought. Thanks for the insight, Shiggy. The a-c length of the stock Mia fork is about 457 mm, so going to a shorter a-c length fork like the P2 would change the handling characteristics of the bike. Time to look for a lower riser bar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.