Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious what you guys run your tire pressure at?

btw i have a diamondback assault with 26" tires.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Depends on the tires.

My DMR Moto Diggers and Hookworms are recommended for a max of 65 PSI. I've gotten up to 100 in the Hookworms. For urban rides, I'll typically run around 80 or 90 PSI. It rolls a little nicer and makes it more difficult to pinch flat. For anything on the dirt, I'll run around 40 PSI so the tires leave a bigger footprint.

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
bout' 60 front (dmr moto rt), 75 rear (kiniption) on 24's. kept me out of trouble so far, no snakebites in the rear. the front I don't have to worry so much with susp. and slightly larger volume. ridin' dirt and dj's I'm powersliding all over, usually involuntary, haha. but that's how I was on my 20 with a snafu rimjob on the rear and dirtmonster front.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
XSL_WiLL said:
Depends on the tires.

My DMR Moto Diggers and Hookworms are recommended for a max of 65 PSI. I've gotten up to 100 in the Hookworms. For urban rides, I'll typically run around 80 or 90 PSI. It rolls a little nicer and makes it more difficult to pinch flat. For anything on the dirt, I'll run around 40 PSI so the tires leave a bigger footprint.
i have Kenda K-Rad 26 X 2.3 tires with the sidewall indicating a max psi of 80.
so are you actually running higher than the maximum psi printed on the sidewall?

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have Holy Rollers, I ride like 50 front and 60 rear, but now that I've seen all y'all run way above the print Im fixin' to get out the trusty pump.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Neither of these bikes see dirt....
Urban - 26's - Kenda Kniptions, 60 F and R
Park - 24's Kenda K-Rads 70 F and 65 R

1 - 12 of 12 Posts