Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I plan to do my first race at Buck Hill MN this Saturday. I've never been there before and don't know what the trails are like. Does anyone have a recommended tire pressure for a rigid Karate Monkey with WTB Nanoraptors and a 180 pound rider?

Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
chris the monikerless said:
Hello,

I plan to do my first race at Buck Hill MN this Saturday. I've never been there before and don't know what the trails are like. Does anyone have a recommended tire pressure for a rigid Karate Monkey with WTB Nanoraptors and a 180 pound rider?

Thanks.
Get one of the systems that the hummer uses to increase/decrease pressure on the fly ;) . Buck is WIDELY varied, it goes from asphalt to sand pits and everything in between. I'll be running my tires at "whatever's in them when I get there" because you're screwed for at least part of the trail no matter what your pressure is at. Just gas 'em up and go, don't sweat pressure too much. I'll be the guy grumbling about racing his Rig and loving every minute of racing his Rig, all at the same time.

·
Noob
139 Posts
I know nobody else on this board will probably care, but I'm in MN too and was wondering what race is going on at Buck this weekend??? I'd like to get out to at least see what was going on, but I may be working... :mad:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Downhillin said:
I know nobody else on this board will probably care, but I'm in MN too and was wondering what race is going on at Buck this weekend??? I'd like to get out to at least see what was going on, but I may be working... :mad:
The Spring Cup at Buck Hill. I think citizen class starts at 9:30 but I better check to make sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.