Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A random find, I don’t think it’s been posted here before. Lots of fun measurements of an assortment of tires. Rim size not always consistent.

“So at the end… what does all of this mean? Probably nothing. People will ignore the results, ride what they have, and lust over what they do not.”

Wise words. When in doubt, adjust your psi and go ride your bike. Riding is always better than paralysis by analysis.
-Bruce

·
This place needs an enema
17,647 Posts
It's interesting that he/she/they took the time to do that, but then didn't do anything with it.

It's just data, and (as you noted) it comes with some asterisks.

I was skimming pretty early on so may have missed it -- but were these run tubed or tubeless? Stretch accounted for?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was skimming pretty early on so may have missed it -- but were these run tubed or tubeless? Stretch accounted for?
I think that they mostly just grabbed whatever was handy and mounted on rims. Then had fun measuring and dipping stuff in flour!

My takeaway was that some tires are fatter, some are skinnier, contact patches vary, and in the final analysis one should go ride their bike!

(And in that note, I’m off to ride an abandoned gravel road to nowhere on some skinny 4.0 Jumbo Jim’s)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.