Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just curious if anyone has any information as to when I should replace my tires. Do you replace them once/season, after a certain amount of mileage? How do you check your tires to verify that they need replacing?

Just want to figure out if I need new rubber or not. I rode all of last season on one set of rubber. Maybe they need to be swapped out? Thanks.

N.

·
just along for the ride
3,033 Posts
Depends if your still happy with the tires performance. I just put on a Nokian NBX 2.3 that has lost 80% of its treand down the middle on the back for my wet weather needs, works better than new in those conditions but terrible now on the loose over hardpack. Have to say it depends on your riding needs to decide but if the tire is cracking/checking or showing signs of belt wear replace it before it blows out (this usually happens as far from the trail head as possible ;)

·
Registered
157 Posts
At a minimum, I replace my tires each season.

I typically go through only one set per year (I'm easy on tires) even though I try to ride 5-6 days/week during the summer/fall. My personal preference is to run my last year's tires through the spring, hitting both mud season and a few trips to Fruita, then replace them in May. I've had surprising good luck with my current UST Hutch Spiders F&R.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts