Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
mtnjam
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to figure out my tire length for entering into my cyclocomputer. I have some Schwalbe 26 x 2.25 Racing Ralph's. My Cateye doesn't seem to have the L (mm) listing for this size of tire. Right now I have it entered in the cyclocomputer inbetween 2.125 and 2.3 size millimeter lengths of the tire. Anyone know the length (mm) measurement for 26 x 2.25 tire?

thanks

·
I live to bike
2,451 Posts
place the bike on the ground. make sure the valve stem is at the very bottom of the front tire. place a piece of tape on the ground at that point. roll the bike straight forward until the valve stem is again at the 6 o'clock position. Place another piece of tape on the ground. Measure between the two pieces of tape. This will give a very accurate measurement, though cyclecomputers usually say that a difference of up to 50mm doesn't matter.

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
Jwiffle said:
place the bike on the ground. make sure the valve stem is at the very bottom of the front tire. place a piece of tape on the ground at that point. roll the bike straight forward until the valve stem is again at the 6 o'clock position. Place another piece of tape on the ground. Measure between the two pieces of tape. This will give a very accurate measurement, though cyclecomputers usually say that a difference of up to 50mm doesn't matter.
50mm? That means what after 100km?

·
I live to bike
2,451 Posts
Dan Gerous said:
50mm? That means what after 100km?
well, after 100km, it is probably quite a bit...let's see...a 50mm difference would mean about 2km off over a distance of 100km, if my calculations are correct.. The method I described will get you much closer than within 50mm.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
as Jwiffle discribed and Shiggy confirmed, a Roll Out is the most accurate way to get a tyres measurement. For an even more accurate measurement, try sitting on the bike to simulate the "sag the tyre will take when you're riding. FYI I rolled out my Nevegal 2.1 Stick-E @ 2065mm and my 2.0" Python rolls out to 2050mm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.