Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just felt like posting this, I use truck bed coating(the aerosol type) sprayed in side my tires. after it dries, it is very hard and very smooth. It seems to help if you run tubes. I tested my tires by running over glass, a shrub of thorns, and small nails. if you do get a puncture the coating swells over it and closes. I use it on cheapo tires, as im not shure of long term effects.. thats all, just letting ya know.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
It also makes the tire heavier and less supple, increasing rolling resistance and may decrease traction. If these are not issues for you, fine. It could be a good idea for coating the inside of home made studded tires, though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i just use them when i know im going someplace that has glass, etc. When i ride downtown, things like that, I haven't felt any decrease in traction, but on a hot day when the tire warms up, the tire feels different. Im not sure how to explain it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.