Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, was looking at buying a new bike but I don't like the stock tires. I was going to switch them right away, but I don't know anything about tires really. This is what I am looking for:

-Light weight
-Really fast
-Loose gravel performance
-Loose dirt performance for going across fields/meadows, etc.

The bike itself is heavy so I need maximum efficiency for XC ability.

That's about it. I don't care about mud at all, I ride only in dry conditions. I thought about a 2.3" would be a good width. I don't expect one tire to be able to dominate all those criteria but was hoping for one that does well in all of them.

·
That's REEAAALLLL Nice
113 Posts
Some tires I would suggest...

Kenda Karma 26x2.20 (or 2.0), Hutchinson Python 26x2.00 .. should work for the conditions you have listed, and are fairly lightweight.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I will second BlueSteel on both counts. The Karma and the Python are both fast (-feeling, at least) tires that come pretty light. Both are smaller than 2.3, though. They might be best suited to more towards hardpack or as rear tires, in my opinion. But in the proper hands (not mine), these things can go plenty fast.

I've only used the UST versions of each, and that Karma was a 1.95. My wife currently has the 2.0 DTC on the rear with no complaints.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.