Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
There are good deals on bike tires!?

Wait until May and you can get a buy one, get one 1/2 off of Specialized tires.

I purchased a plus sized tire at the shop couple days ago. Could have saved about $15 online. Is $15 a deal? Apples to apples as it was the same tire.

Otherwise, shop around online until you find the satisfactory price you are after.

Definitely expensive....yuck.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Online... usually Amazon.

I'd love to by from an LBS, but they just don't carry good selections. Seems more and more that LBS's are carrying less brand options for everything. :( That's the primary reason I've moved more from LBS buying to direct/online.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Your LBS will happily order them for you. My LBS charges upfront, but will refund it at any time up until you leave with the item. Heck, they'll usually give a refund if the the customer is genuinely unhappy with a product after they've used it. So, there is that option if you want to support your LBS.

I agree that ordering on line is quicker and easier...and usually cheaper.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
on-line...always. As with everything, it helps to begin looking before you need it so you can pounce on deals when they come up vs hoping to find a deal instantly.

I recently got 2 Maxxis DHF Exo tires (27.5 X 2.5) for <$120 shipped to my door. Quick look today and many on-line vendors are getting about $70/each. No shops around me sell for less than $80/each and they may need to order them.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Your LBS will happily order them for you. My LBS charges upfront, but will refund it at any time up until you leave with the item. Heck, they'll usually give a refund if the the customer is genuinely unhappy with a product after they've used it. So, there is that option if you want to support your LBS.

I agree that ordering on line is quicker and easier...and usually cheaper.
I used to order from LBS's. The issue was always, I need (admittedly want) it now. Especially tires when in a pinch. With the likes of Amazon, I can actually get a lot of things same day where we are, or next day for just about everything else. The last time I ordered tires from an LBS that they didn't stock, it took over a week. They have to work within their distribution channels. I get that. I really want to support LBS's more, but their competition is winning.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.