Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
skin tight lycra
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to be riding the Cannel Plunge next weekend in the Sierra Nevadas http://www.mountainbikebill.com/CannellPlunge.htm

What tires do you guys use in these mountains. Im expecting loose and lots of granite terrain. Im thinking of Highroller/Nevagal or Bluegroove/Nevagal Anything else you recommend.

I usually run a Maxis UST crossmark in the rear but im thinking I want a more aggressive for this trip. Bike is Turner 5spot btw.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Fat

When I was up there there was quite a bit of sand so I'd say a 2.4 Nobby Nic (600g) is my pick with the 2.35 Kenda Kinetics/Nevegal/Blue groove (750-800g) second, all these are a good minimum size (NN 2.25, Kendas 2.15-2.2 true tread width) for added floatation I prefer the NN for it's 150+g lighter weight and slightly wider tread. A nice larger tire for sand is the Conti Diesel; a true 2.4, great in sand but not the best leaner. The Maxis Advantage 2.4 has great grip but as a front it seemed to throw sand up under my glasses more than other tires and it's about 800g.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.