Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A group of us are heading to Snowshoe end of this month. None of us have ever been there before. We plan on riding our own bikes. I am bringing my 5010v3C, and it currently has a NN 2.6 on the front, and a RR 2.6 on the rear. Would these tires be ok, or should I put something else on? I have a fresh DHF 2.6 and Rekon 2.6 in the garage. I was thinking of getting another DHF and running them front and rear. What do you all think? We are hitting Bailey on the way back for a day as well. I have been there so I know what will work. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

·
Perpetual Hack
2,193 Posts
Granted I have not ridden Snowshoe in a few years, I would want something with a bit more tooth, especially if you want to play in the woods.

I was on 2.35 MagicMary and my buddies on various combinations of 2.5 DHF and 2.4 DHR2.

Bikes ranged 170mm Enduro/Freeride to Full on DH and tires were all full DH

With what you have, go with the DHF on the front and the NN on the rear, but would be a bit concerned with durability. If you stick to the flow stuff and the easier woods you may be fine, however, some trails are full on DH tires unless you want to walk ( ie Lower Hairball). Even with the DH tires, we still had flats running both tubeless and tubed.

If you are going to invest in tires for your trip I would recommend DD or DH casing, not sure if EXO+ would be tough enough. For snowshoe I would go DHR2 over DHF in the rear, the place can get steep and nasty in spots and you will want the extra anchor, although the DHF would be prefered over the NN.

Have fun, the place is a blast. Hit cupcake a couple of times for me!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the advice. Pretty much sticking to flowy, hard pack trails this trip. Broke ankle last year and would like to have fun while not getting too crazy and out of line. Than again, **** it, as it's my "done with medic school at 44, **** yeah" present to my self. Sounds like a good idea to order some DD dhf's or BD Butchers just in case though. No pun intended. If I hit Cupcake, I will dedicate it to you. haha thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.