Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be in the KC area in the next few weeks and want to ride Landahl. I was wondering about the best tire selection for those trails. I like Specialized Fasttracks and Roll X tires but would be ok trying somehthing else. What do folks that ride those trails like to use? I'm from Arizona so am not familiar with the terrain around KC. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
That's really the only trail I ride. The Nevegals do great there but I recently switched to Geax Barros and like those a bit better due to the rocky terrain in many sections- tougher sidewalls. Both those work well in Colorado too. The Barros did impressive work in Breckenridge last weekend. I also like the Nobby Nics and will try those next. They seem to get excellent reviews and roll fast to boot.

A lot of guys here ride Panaracers but a lot of the bike shops pushed those a few years ago and they seem to still be popular. I personally don't like them too much after using them for a season on my Hardtail.

·
Who is John Galt?
1,771 Posts
Flyer said:
That's really the only trail I ride. The Nevegals do great there but I recently switched to Geax Barros and like those a bit better due to the rocky terrain in many sections- tougher sidewalls. Both those work well in Colorado too. The Barros did impressive work in Breckenridge last weekend. I also like the Nobby Nics and will try those next. They seem to get excellent reviews and roll fast to boot.

A lot of guys here ride Panaracers but a lot of the bike shops pushed those a few years ago and they seem to still be popular. I personally don't like them too much after using them for a season on my Hardtail.
Dude, you get around! When we going to ride? Oh, but you are going to have to get another Yeti! OK, I'm going to admit it, I bought the Panaracer Fires because they came with yellow sidewalls and they match my Mizzou yellow and black hardtail.

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
With this heat, weekend early mornings are the only time for me but wait till it gets cooler and we will have to plan a ride somewhere nice. I'll try to comply and have another Yeti by then but it will never be as color coordinated as anything you touch:p

Where are you riding mostly? I just went for a three-day trip to Breckenridge and I can hardly wait to plan another trip to Colorado. I usually do Landahl around 8 AM on Sat and sometimes on Sunday too. The weekdays are so humid, it kills me

·
Who is John Galt?
1,771 Posts
I live in Jeff City so mostly ride Binder, Rock Bridge and Rhett's Run. But my wife lives in St. Louis area (I know, strange deal) so I tend to ride a lot there too, Chubb, Castlewood, etc. Lately caught up in the St. Charles stuff, Klondike, Matson, Lost Valley. So nice I joined GORC to say thanks. I also meet my ex in Potosi to exchange kids, so I get a lot of Berryman and Council Bluff action. The latter is my favorite. Things are crazy for me now but in the fall I should be a free man and I'll give you a holler. I have a good friend who used to work for me and now lives in Overland Park, maybe we can drag him along if he still has his old Klein. Stay in touch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.