Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping to get a little help about what would be a good choice of tires for the 24 Hours of Allamuchy. I generally run Panaracer Fire XC's as they seem to work in just about any condition, but I've been away from the East coast for quite a few years and was wondering what the locals might recommend for the race.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
I run the Panaracer XC's to, i just got them and they are great in all conditions ive been riding in alot of slick conditions/ alittle mud lately since all the rain and they grip great on wet rocks and around corners so just go with those if thats what you like :)

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Doughboy said:
I was hoping to get a little help about what would be a good choice of tires for the 24 Hours of Allamuchy. I generally run Panaracer Fire XC's as they seem to work in just about any condition, but I've been away from the East coast for quite a few years and was wondering what the locals might recommend for the race.

I third the sentiments above... I rode the Pana's 2 years in a row there. no problems with the tires... just with the legs. ;)

·
it's just baby phat..
865 Posts
my vote

Doughboy said:

hey doughboy. i'm also doing the 24 hrs of allamuchy. i'll be running 2.3 continental veritical pros UST. so far they are the best tire i've ridden.

phat

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aAAAH Panaracer...

Good ol Fire XC pro's. Seems like they work just about anywhere. I'll probably stick with them just because I'm used to them. I haven't really used them in any wet conditions, so I was a little hesitant, but everyone seems to like them.

I used to ride that area many years ago before the Trade Center and assorted roads/onramps were built and am really looking forward to the race. I grew up in Stanhope so it's kind of a homecoming/mid life crisis sort of thing :) . Any details on the course? Any extended climbs, or is it more like the ups-downs that I remember? How has all the rain affected things?

Thanks

·
Registered
755 Posts
Doughboy said:
Good ol Fire XC pro's. Seems like they work just about anywhere. I'll probably stick with them just because I'm used to them. I haven't really used them in any wet conditions, so I was a little hesitant, but everyone seems to like them.

I used to ride that area many years ago before the Trade Center and assorted roads/onramps were built and am really looking forward to the race. I grew up in Stanhope so it's kind of a homecoming/mid life crisis sort of thing :) . Any details on the course? Any extended climbs, or is it more like the ups-downs that I remember? How has all the rain affected things?

Thanks
Expect lotsa climbing and major singletrack. I heard 1800' feet of climbing per 10 mile lap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts