Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for thoughts and suggestions on tire choice for racing the Barnburner in the Flagstaff AZ area. I live and ride in New England. And don’t think my current set up of Maxxis Minion DHF and aggressor are the best options for this race. Thinking the Rekon or ardent may be better options.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Mostly agree with the above, but I remember definitely being sketched out that I was going to flat riding the rough descent on my 2.25 EXO Aspen on a hardtail that 4th time around. I think EXO Aspen F/R or similar would be good, I ran my old trusty Ikon/Aspen with good luck.

·
Black and Sticky
768 Posts
Rekon 2.40 on the front, Ikon 2.20 on the back works for me. I’ve done the Barnburner three times with that setup on a Turner Czar. Above comments are accurate, about 95% dirt roads with only a few rocky sections. Actually, if you’re just out there to have fun, ride what you got. On the other hand, if you’re trying to qualify for Leadville, then yeah, get a more racy setup like I described.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rekon 2.40 on the front, Ikon 2.20 on the back works for me. I've done the Barnburner three times with that setup on a Turner Czar. Above comments are accurate, about 95% dirt roads with only a few rocky sections. Actually, if you're just out there to have fun, ride what you got. On the other hand, if you're trying to qualify for Leadville, then yeah, get a more racy setup like I described.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.