Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
Tried to get it ttt for you a few times, but for whatever reason none of the gurus have answered. Jeff might be onto something there but i clicked around and didn't see anything definite and have also found some resources like Bikepedia to be wrong sometimes. Ong might be onto something also, but since you don't know if you have a quill, at this point I'd recommend bringing it into your lbs. Any decent mechanic, will tell you just by looking at it, what size headtube, and what size steerer you got there. Plus you'd need/want a tool to get the bearing on/off to measure since you can't tell.
Contact Specialized with serial # ?
I suppose you could measure the outside circumference and compare it to another known 1 1/8 bike, built from the same material, steel, aluminum, whatever.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Tried to get it ttt for you a few times, but for whatever reason none of the gurus have answered. Jeff might be onto something there but i clicked around and didn't see anything definite and have also found some resources like Bikepedia to be wrong sometimes. Ong might be onto something also, but since you don't know if you have a quill, at this point I'd recommend bringing it into your lbs. Any decent mechanic, will tell you just by looking at it, what size headtube, and what size steerer you got there. Plus you'd need/want a tool to get the bearing on/off to measure since you can't tell.
Contact Specialized with serial # ?
I suppose you could measure the outside circumference and compare it to another known 1 1/8 bike, built from the same material, steel, aluminum, whatever.
I don't have a quill, I replaced it with a thread less setup when the replaced the frame. I will probably have to take it to lbs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm going to rebuild my Manitou 2 forks (as I'm rebuilding my entire bike), and I plan on ordering elastomers. After disassembly, I noticed that both fork legs have melted elastomers in the bottom of them. They have solidified, so I can't easily get them out. Should I try heating them up with a hair dryer or something to see if i can get the remaining elastomers to melt? Anyone else have any ideas or tips on how to go about rebuilding these?
Hi There it's Anthony I've got exactly the same problem with my answer e9 manitou 2 suspension forks corrosion on the bottom I'm looking to strip them and get the new parts and rebuild could you please tell me where I can get the replacement parts from thanks

21 - 23 of 23 Posts