Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I am avery proud Can owner. In the past I've owned a few roadies and after years of bagging the MTBs out, I started with a F3000 CAAD5 with a Carbon Lefty (that I singlated).

In addtion to this one, I now have an 03 Jeckyl, 05 CAAD8 Roadie, and an 02 Scalpel.

My question is, what can I do about the fork (HeadShok Fatty Ultra DL)?

It's only 70mm travel, and I'll live with the fast steering, if I cen get better performance out of the fork.

Any tips?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I havea Fatty Ultra DL70 in my CAAD4 F3000SL.

The damping does not last very long mainly due to the small oil volume.
I have found that for my weight 75kg I can run the fork at 110psi with 7.5wt oil to get decent rebound and compression. The Fork is active enough for me not worry about anything else.

The Internals can be changed too but get a Headshok wrench that kows what they'r doing.
I'm going to start playing around with shim stack so watch this space over the next few months.

If you prefer, get a newer Headshok SUper Fatty Ultra DL80. THe damping is much better than the DL70 and it can also be replaced with a Magura Cannondale Cartridge (CCS) damping unit which features both compression and rebound control with a Lockout. Apparently these transform the Headshok into the best 80mm race forks around..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts