Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Huckin' trails
6,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, looking at the Tioga saddles, mostly the D Spyder one (since the 2 others are not off-road rated, probably for rail strength issues) and I'd like to get some feedback on how it goes and if they are really cutting it with the design.

FWIW, I currently ride on a WTB Pure V and I kinda like it. Those D Spyder saddles looks like a nice way to chop down some weight and add a nice style to my ride. What cha think ?

Sub 200g and around $40.

Twin Tail saddle (for road) :

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338092898.416399.jpg

D Spyder for off-road :

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338092947.738455.jpg

And the Spyder (for road) :

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338093011.913537.jpg

·
Registered
890 Posts
I have the spyder for off-road on my DH bike and it is fits that use good. It has seemed durable (no fabric to tear), it allows me to move easily around the saddle with its slick surface, but it is pretty dang hard. I would not use it for a bike that I sit on and pedal for sure.

-Brett

·
≈ > ♥
956 Posts
I have both a Twintail and a D-Spider.

Twintail has a lot of flex and is super comfortable. I rock it on the road/touring bike and it sees a bit of XC use too, though a big crash would most likely break it.

I use the D-Spider on my DH/AM bikes.
It is very rigid, zero flex. I'm lucky in that it fits my ass-shape well enough that I can pedal on it all day, and have even done XC races on it without issue.

·
dirtbag
1,527 Posts
I have one on my SS. It's pretty comfy with bike shorts.

Just don't ride on it nekid. The saddle is like a cheese grater on the taint. damhik

1 - 4 of 4 Posts