Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Where can I get hold of those foam pads I put between the two crowns on my 888's to stop the stantions banging the frame? Yeh I know you'll all be thinking 'just use an old bit of tyre zip tied on' but I don't want to bother zip tying anything to my brand spanking new bike. I looked on marzocchi website but didn't find anything.
Maybe I could buy a chainstay protector and cut it into bits?
Cheers

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
grahamjtriggs said:
Hi,
Where can I get hold of those foam pads I put between the two crowns on my 888's to stop the stantions banging the frame? Yeh I know you'll all be thinking 'just use an old bit of tyre zip tied on' but I don't want to bother zip tying anything to my brand spanking new bike. I looked on marzocchi website but didn't find anything.
Maybe I could buy a chainstay protector and cut it into bits?
Cheers
call Marz and order a pair
800-227-5579

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Lizard skins don't have enough padding, it'll still smack the frame and dent it.

Foam pipe insulation or those foam "noodle" things you see at the pool work pretty well. Tubes and zipties are the way to go.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
XSL_WiLL said:
Lizard skins don't have enough padding, it'll still smack the frame and dent it.

Foam pipe insulation or those foam "noodle" things you see at the pool work pretty well. Tubes and zipties are the way to go.
i was thinking of buying a couple chainstay tubes and cutting them into 1" peices and using maybe 3 layers of it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.