Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Homer
215 Posts
I've had the same problems designing a MR11 housing. I wanted a tapered housing, so the rear would only be 30mm or so in diameter, OD.

I've ordered the same switches as bikeny used in his, very pretty, CNC housings, . Made by Grayhill, type: 39-351. It's weather sealed and also available with wires attached and the rear potted. It isnt cheap though, and the pre-wired version is twice as expensive. It's available at Digikey and Farnell.

Normally I use Lapp Skintop PG7 strain relief connectors, but those also were too big. I opted for rubber grommets, they give less mechanical protection compared to the PG7's but on the waterproofing they shouldnt be far apart.

If you have the space I can recommend the Schurter foil switches, they are 'normal' size at 15mm or so diameter. But far more reliable and nicer to use compared to mechanical switches.

·
Registered
95 Posts

·
Koolaid Advocate
39 Posts
Judco from Digikey

I just ordered a couple of these for a project. They look pretty small from the datasheet and have better current specs from the micro ones originally posted.

Rubber boot for the switch can be found here.

I also got a couple of these for a Marwi NightPro housing I just converted. These are very small, but, are not threaded.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.