Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
... I guess you won't be
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No Dw-link for a while, [I live in Michigan after all - you know that recession you all are just beginning to get used to, well we've had it for years before it got popular! I'm one of the 3 people here in MI, who still have a job!], but my main triangle is pretty new so it'd be silly for me to throw out the baby with the bath water...all I'll be gettin' is a new rear end, prolly the TNT style, since Horst rear ends are pretty much dissappearo...

Stay tuned!

·
... I guess you won't be
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The new arm is already on the plane [Thanks Greg!!!!!]

I think the crack had been there for a bit, cuz I'd been plagued by a creak/tink/click for a few weeks and had been unable to locate it. Prolly why the metal had disappeared from the cracked weld from flexing too much...Only by sheer luck, was I able to glance up and spot the irregularity while getting the bike off the roof rack....sometimes you just get lucky!

Still, I'm amazed that I can just pick up the phone, call the factory, and get it all fixed in 5 minutes.....Turner is the Best!

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
what's the dimple up a little further on the yoke? Is that from the front dérailleur hitting?

·
... I guess you won't be
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Don't really know....but, now that you mention it, it does look like it could be.....I did move the derailleur a bit lower since moving to a smaller 42t chainring......can't quite go to a 2-ring setup since I still like to RIDE to the trail sometimes, instead of driving the car.

But, alas...so sad, the last jump for my 2004 rear chainstay arm....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts