Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Living the High Life
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So instead of riding my bike, I did what made sense in the snow...went snowboarding. Here's a few of the pics from the week http://picasaweb.google.com/matttparke/Jackson0809# We took more video that photos this year, but I've got around 200 clips to sort through.

And this morning I went to the gym, and what do you know, there was a significant increase in attendance, that should die off in a few weeks:D

My first day back at work, after wading through the emails the first thing I did was post on the internet:thumbsup:

Now I'm waiting for tax returns/stimulus package to buy some new bikes. I bet with tax season and that stimulus I'll have an easier time selling my old ones too. Anyone need wheels?

I'm thinking about the coming year financially, like everyone. Should I be a standard American D-bag and let my house foreclose so the government will pay for it? Or should I have some integrity and keep paying my bills?

Cheers:)

·
Your retarded
3,085 Posts
Ithnu said:
Should I be a standard American D-bag and let my house foreclose so the government will pay for it?
Pssh... everyone else is doing it. Follow the herd, they know best. :thumbsup:

·
Living the High Life
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SkaredShtles said:
It ain't the government that'll pay... it'll be we fiscally responsible people. If he does let it go into foreclosure I'm gonna kick him in the nuts. ;)
Yeah, but I won't have a house anymore, so good luck finding me:D

·
Living the High Life
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IndecentExposure said:
Perfect reason to move to Moab.
The thought of living in a bus has not been thrown out yet. But not Moab, maybe Jackson.

·
Heads up Flyboy!!
3,165 Posts
Ithnu said:
The thought of living in a bus has not been thrown out yet. But not Moab, maybe Jackson.
I've got some friends who've been rubber tramping for years in a 71 greyhound bus converted to a RV. They've lived from the East Coast to the West Coast and inbetween through the years and love it.

Thanks for the boarding pics, I'm looking to hit the pow pow again soon.

·
Awesomist™
2,952 Posts
CARP! I feel like I'm slacking... didn't go to the gym OR post on the internets, just got crazy busy with work and trying to pay for that trip to Jackson! Nice pics, sir... nice indeed. I don't think Steph got many shots but I'm sure she'll upload what she did take to her Picasa as well.

·
Living the High Life
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Full Trucker said:
CARP! I feel like I'm slacking... didn't go to the gym.
You missed it, even more people in the gym this morning:D

Also, I think I made a new year's resolution...time to start telling morons their morons. Whether this be on trail not yielding, at a resort stopping in blind spots, at work, even with the family.

·
Living the High Life
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
andychrysler said:
'dya see any of those avalanches in Jackson??!!
I saw the remnants of lots of them. The day the gondola restaurant was buried the whole mountain closed. There were slides everywhere, the next day it looked dozens of faces had slide or had been blasted by ski patrol.

http://www.skiingthebackcountry.com/jackson_hole_Avalanche.php ski patrol was probing for people INSIDE the restaurant.

I rode with my beacon in bounds all week. When stuff wasn't closed it was AWESOME, but a bit scary too. Best snow I've ever had in Jackson, and I've been there for 10 years.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.