Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a pair of Time ATACs and they recently started to release way too easily. Thought it was the cleats so I replaced them - still releasing too easily. This is the only cleat replacement I've done. I've also been using White Lightning to lube them. Anybody know how long these pedals last before it's time to get a new pair. Seems a little early to me.

Thx,
Rich

·
rbtm member
888 Posts
RichNColo said:
I've got a pair of Time ATACs and they recently started to release way too easily. Thought it was the cleats so I replaced them - still releasing too easily. This is the only cleat replacement I've done. I've also been using ----- --------- to lube them. Anybody know how long these pedals last before it's time to get a new pair. Seems a little early to me.

Thx,
Rich
If they are otherwise fine, there's no need to replace them. Worst case is you need new springs and, If I remember correctly, replacement springs are fairly reasonable. Check with a local shop.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fred³ said:
Hard to say if it's too early since you don't say how long you've had them. I've had mine for 3 years. Same cleats. No problems. Do you have the cleats over the ball of your foot?
Good point! I've had mine 3 years too, probably ~1000 miles on them. Cleats are under the ball of my foot. The early release just started this riding season. Before that everything was fine. Thx.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.