Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Living the thug life.
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be dong a 24 hour race Aug. 14-15th. Is it to soon to plan on racing another 24 hour race on Spet 4-5th? Thank you in advance. I use this message board for a wealth of information.

By the way, a shiny new nickel goes to who can figure out who Logan Tri is. If you could not tell, it is not me.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Recovery time....

I normally take atleast 2 weeks between endurance races. I plan on racing Aug 14-15 (9-Mile), and then my next race will be World Solo's on Sept. 4-5. This just the right amount of time between races. I have done back to back 12 Hour solo races before, but I am not at 100% and it just leads to wearing the body down. As of now, I follow the routine of racing 2 endurance races a month from April to October. Normally that is 1 12 Hour race and 1 24 hour race. Just listen to your body!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Cutting it close!

You are cutting it close in terms of recovery. If you want to do well at Whistler, you should consider something different. I've raced solo 24's a week apart, two weeks apart, and three weeks apart. Personally, my body does not recover fully for over three weeks after a hard effort at in a 24 hour race. I've got 25 solo 24 hour races under my belt and will not try and schedule them within a month of each other to be completely recovered. You may find that your body recovers quicker than that, but don't the rest of your season in jepordy unless you think it's worth it. Good luck and recover quickly!
Ride on. Nat Ross

1 - 4 of 4 Posts