Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A group of friends had some fun riding their bikes in Moab on Saturday. Here's how much time different people spent riding the whole route. Others spent less time riding less than the whole route. Those needing multiple gears are noted. Sorry to anyone who inadvertently has a geared drivetrain attributed to them.

Lynda Wallenfels 10:23
Dave Harris 10:23
Jeff Kerkove (geared) 10:42
Chad Brown (geared) 10:49
Chris Plesko 11:04
Max Morris (geared) 12:02
Marko Ross-Bryant (geared) 12:12
Ed Ellinger 12:35
Essam Welch 12:47
Derrick Batley (geared) 12:57
Mike Mangan 12:57
Josh Tostado (geared) 13:03
Matt Fletcher (geared) 13:03
Cat Morrison (geared) 13:22
Brad Mullen (geared) 13:22
Greg Bachman 13:34
Cullen Barker (geared) 13:53
Andrew Carney (geared) 13:53
Matt Hayden (geared) 14:35
Craig Tuttle (geared) 14:40
Adam Lisonbee (geared) 14:50
Tom Purvis (geared) 14:50
Tim Markel (geared) 17:36

It was a great day. Thanks to all who joined us.

FW

·
scrappy
26 Posts
It was a fantastic day. The course was great in the sense that I thought it more challenging as the ride progressed, as all great rides should. Thanks for getting us all together. I guess I was one of those who was listed as having gears, but I had only one on the monkey for this trip. Looking forward to next year already. And whoever bought the pizza -- a big, big thankyou!

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Nice set of friends. There's some really good people on that list. And by good I mean not just on the bike.

Mike Mangan on a Singlespeed? Wow, the one-gear revolution really is taking over.

Wish I could have made it. Congrats to everybody!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Thanks Fred!

Thanks Fred for suggesting such an excellent route for us to ride on.

I enjoyed myself 100%....until I flatted, got a little lost, and lost contact with Dave and Lynda all within the last 15 miles. :D

It's was allllllllllllllllll good!

Bunch of photos posted here. Those that rode the route, feel free to use them how you wish (your personal blog, Christmas cards, trading cards, etc, etc, etc).

And it looks like all of us, except for Cat, got "chick'd" :cool:

·
Cycling, FTW!!
478 Posts
Nice write-ups everybody! I'll get to mine eventually.

Click click.

Old highway.

Sorry bro, I already forgot your name but it was nice riding with you.

Braaap.

Essam.

Jeff.

Cruzin' Blue Dot.

Crushin' Blue Dot.

·
Cycling, FTW!!
478 Posts
edemtbs said:
Thank YOU!
Yeah Fred, thanks.

..and thank you Ed for the lovely shots.

The man himself on Blue Dot.

I think we were all rambling incoherently on the Blue Dot trail, maybe some people were just louder than others.

·
2,856 Posts
MarkoInTheBoat said:
Crushin' Blue Dot.
Marko!

It was a spirit lifting moment when I heard you singing your way along Blue Dot :thumbsup:

And thanks for aiming the camera at me on that climb, talk about emptying the tank for a photo op :eekster:

More great pix from everyone, awesome! I have more...here's one. Kinda' looked to me like I was getting the finger as I climbed to Seven Mile Rim?

</a>

Ed

·
the cool nerd
8,643 Posts
LyndaW said:
Thanks Fred for putting together such a fantastic route. The scenery was non-stop wows the whole day.

Thanks to everyone posting pics too. They are super to see as I didn't have my camera with me.
So, what you're telling us is that the winner, errr, the rider in the non-race that started riding with a bunch of friends at the same time in the morning, rode the same ride through the day, finished up ahead of everyone else before hanging out until other friends finished the non-racing ride, didn't carry a camera or stop to take pictures? I wonder if there is a correlation in there somewhere.

·
Grizzly
695 Posts
I loved, and hated, being able to see nearly the entire route, from where ever I happened to be. Along Sovereign I could look up and see the rims yet to come. Up on those rims I could see down onto where I'd been, and in the far off distance Poison Spider was always there, beckoning and mocking.

Truly a unique route. It really made me feel small and insignificant. Which is exactly how it should be.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.