Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently doing my base building phase as per "Base Building for Cyclists" by Chapple. I'm actaully in the pre-base phase doing 4 days a week in zone 4 (10 total zones) for 60mins at a time on the stationary bike and 2 days a week in zone 4 for 60mins on the treadmill. I've completed 3 weeks of this. Obviously these are low intensity sessions since i'm trying to boost by fat burning ability to lose a couple pounds of fat i've accumulated. My question is if i need a "recovery week"?
The book does say to have a "recovery week" every 3 weeks or so. I don't feel overtrained but i do feel a little tired every now and then. I also weight train 5 days a week.

Would a recovery week be of benefit even though i'm in the low intensity phase?

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Recovery is always good. You may not feel tired, but take a day or 2 off. My off season training is divided into 4 one month training blocks. At the end of each month I take 2 days off. No training what so ever....hence the reason my posting on MTBR goes up :)

Remember...
Train hard. Rest harder.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.