Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Zach Attack
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our trail building group FTA (www.foresttrailsalliance.org) recently got the opportunity to design and build a course for our local Nor Cal Team. Different from most of our USFS and public trail contracts, this had design parameters much different. One way, fast, sustainable.

We have been cutting the trail in using our excavator to pull trees, brush and to do the rough cut and then we follow it up with our ditchwitch. It has been great fun. Recently a local photographer came out and shot this short film of some of our trail building.

Enjoy

·
Registered
537 Posts
Awesome time lapse Zachi!

I'm sure the kids will be stoked to have an awesome home course this year!

BTW...when do you think the osbourne hill project will start up?

·
Zach Attack
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Wil,

Hard to say, It could be rather quickly now that we have our design group working with the developer. Great group. It sounds like some of the advanced trails could be sweet.

Give a shout out if you want to help. It would be nice to have another cyclist on the team when we start to work on adv trail layout and designs.
z

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm unemployed, riding a lot, and at your disposal. Call me bro!

zachi said:
Hey Wil,

Hard to say, It could be rather quickly now that we have our design group working with the developer. Great group. It sounds like some of the advanced trails could be sweet.

Give a shout out if you want to help. It would be nice to have another cyclist on the team when we start to work on adv trail layout and designs.
z

·
Registered
235 Posts
Nice work!

Oh man....to have that equipment.....
A little bullet proofing on the operator cage and
look out local land owners.....

Got a case of dynamite
I could hold up here all night
Yeah I built me a trail BETTER than Oregon
don't take me alive.

....or would "This Land is Your Land" be more appropriate?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts