Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
OMG!
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

Writing this lookin for some advice. :thumbsup:

I am a Colorado, USA native that just graduated from college with a degree in construction management a little over a week ago. :D

This is a time in my life where the slate is clean, and my future is wide open.

I've been thinkin a lot about Australia.

The plan I have been formulating in my head is something like- fly out there, stay somewhere cheap, try to find a job in construction (preferably management- Field engineer, assistant project management, etc)

So, if you have any advice for a fellow rider of bikes, whatever you got, whatever your perspective, I would like to hear it. It's all good.

Muchos Gracias from La Ventana, Mexico.

Ross

http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=508082&stc=1&d=1262023681

Attachments

·
Have Cake and beat it 2
291 Posts
Australia has a lot to offer. Places like Sydney put you within easy reach of some awesome riding and plenty of good events year round of all types.
other good cities include Melbourne and Brisbane. Lots of work and lots of good trails and clubs and organisations that help you find them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Ross,
I'm a Civil Engineer in Australia and can point you in the right direction. You will have no problems getting a job here!!! Depends what you want to do... roads, buildings, civil infrastructure etc.
Any ways PM me if you want some more info.

·
OMG!
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm basically looking to go to any city I can find a job in. That is the most important part right now. Good news is I get some points towards immigration just by having an education in construction management.

thanks for the advice. and keep it coming! this isn't going to be easy, but i really want to make this happen!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.