Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My Racer X 29er is spending some of the winter in Wilmington with my son and I am without a ride. I am thinking of taking the singlespeed plunge. I test rode a Monocog at Black Sheep Cycles in Charlotte this week and I still have the grin on my face. I think I would be happier with a step up from that so I am thinking about the Haro Mary and the Monocog flight. I am 6'2'' and 250 lbs. Any issues around either of these bikes, have any of you ridden both. I appreciate any help you can give. I bought the Racer X based on our forum without a test ride so Lets try a again.

Thanks

Jim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Those are the exact same two bikes on my list. I just ordered the flight 29. Mostly because I was unable to find the Haro Mary in a local shop to check out and ride. And the Redline dealer gave me a good deal on the bike

·
Registered
532 Posts
I just got back from my first ride on my mary. Built it up a couple of weeks ago, then had a bad crash on another bike, followed by two weeks bikeless back in the states. Mine is built with a Thompson post, easton stem/bars, maxxis ignitors, SLR saddle. Not heavy at all. I now believe every bit of hype about 29ers. This was my first ride 29 or single. I need to gear down to an 18t on the back though, since I was spinning like mad on the flats. I'm 6'5", 215 with gear, 35.5 inseam, and the 20" mary fits me perfectly with a 120mm stem and low rise bars. I was half way through the ride before it even registered that I was riding without suspension.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm not sure which size Monocog you rode, but be aware that the geometry of the regular Monocog is different than the Flight.

I ride a 21" Monocog 29er and love it. I was disappointed when the Flight came out and I saw that they had shortened the top tube in my size--I guess to bring it more in line with their other lines.

From what I hear the Flight is a great bike too.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I am 6'4 and 255 and I ride a large haro mary. it is awesome, so much fun, very little frame flex when mashing but alot smoother over roots and rocks. And the mary bars are the best bars ever. I thing I need to get a set for my trail bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.