Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newbie to racing and just finished reading time crunched cyclist. Given that it is based on a 6-8hr riding week, will increasing the weekly time to 10hours have a significant impact on training effect? My increase would likely be on the weekend rides and the motivation would be to overcome the "good for races under 3 hours" limitation of the program. Anyone have any overall opinions on the program?

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
My buddy did this program last season and realized a 12% increase in performance . As to increasing your weekly training time , I am sure that if you worked at longer distances you would increase your over 3 hrs. performance .

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
The Time Crunched Cyclist plan just cuts out a lot of easier and longer rides.
It will be no problem to add a few hours through the week.
The secret to any training plan is to do it...as opposed to just reading it or talking about it.
In the beginner and sport races...or Cat 3 or 2 ( I hate calling them that)...if you're getting in 10 hours a week, you'll do fine.
Just have fun!
When you make Cat 1...that's another story.

·
Registered
681 Posts
the mayor said:
The Time Crunched Cyclist plan just cuts out a lot of easier and longer rides.
It will be no problem to add a few hours through the week.
The secret to any training plan is to do it...as opposed to just reading it or talking about it.
In the beginner and sport races...or Cat 3 or 2 ( I hate calling them that)...if you're getting in 10 hours a week, you'll do fine.
Just have fun!
When you make Cat 1...that's another story.
well said......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.