Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a good rule of thumb for time between rides/work outs?
Some days I get to ride at night and others in the morning. When I ride at night and then go the next day in the morning, I only have 12-14 hrs of rest in between. Is this good for me or detrimental? Sometimes I feel pretty tired until I get rolling.
Thanks,
Ryon

·
spec4life???..smh...
1,091 Posts
It really depends on the intensity of the rides. Anaerobic intervals Monday night followed by zone two on tuesday morning is probably fine. Anaerobic intervals one night followed by them again the next morning, well now you probably arent going to be recovered enough to get as much as possible out of those second intervals. Detrimental? probably not. More so just not as beneficial as it could have been with proper rest.

Where it becomes detrimental is when there has been a series of these interval sets without proper rest.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I have a hard time knowing that as I don't use HR or power. I am really not doing any sort of intervals yet, but getting lots of time in. I have been trying to be close to 2.5-3.5 hours every other day and then do 1.5-2 hours on days in between with one day a week off. Saturday and Sunday are for longer rides of 3-5 hrs if I can. I am trying to have a very fast threshold pace and in the next few weeks I will add intervals and back my time off a bit.
Thanks again

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
Unless you are doing double days (which isn't a bad idea BTW), yor time between rides will average out in the end. A day that you ride night then morning, is likely followed by morning night pair.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Correct, unless I am heading into the weekend. In terms of doing double days, what do you suggest? I do them on occasion but my second ride is only like a hour relatively slow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts