Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been riding egg beaters for quite a while, but it's time for a change. I am contemplating going back to SPD's (XT or XTR on my RIP 9, and "campus" style on my One9 SS) or switching to Time ATAC carbons on the RIP and Z on the One 9.

I have been riding a used pair of ATAC's on the RIP and I like the entry and exit. My though on the SS is that I'd like a pair of good mountain pedals for the trails, but I'd like to be able to spin around the neighborhood with the kids in regular shoes.

My question is "does anyone have a pair of Z's I could "borrow" for a couple of weeks to see how I like them before shelling out $$$'s for a new pair for both bikes?"

I would be most appreciative, and would likely compensate the loaner with a sixpack (or more) of a suitable array of frosty adult beverages.

Thank you all in advance.

·
drinks from the fountain
391 Posts
I rode with Texas Lew the other day. He forgot his shoes,but rode 5+ hrs with Keens on Time Z's. He said it wasnt too bad.

·
Inflexable...
1,901 Posts
single track mind said:
My question is "does anyone have a pair of Z's I could "borrow" for a couple of weeks to see how I like them before shelling out $$$'s for a new pair for both bikes?"
I have a pair. $65 for shipping and you can borrow them for a week or two...;)

Seriously, these work "similar" to a small platform when unclipped...

1,328 Posts
I have a pair that I'm using on my old cross bike that I just haven't swapped back to the standard atac. I'd be happy to let ya test drive them. Also have the red shimano dx if you want to compare.

I like the time's better fwiw.

PM me if you feel like driving up to Erie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.