Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got my 2004 VT2 and it came with the Time Alium clipless pedals. i was just wanting to know if there is any way that i can adjust the pedals to make them easier to clip out of? The weird thing about these pedals are that i can't find them on the internet...maybe because they are only on the VT and giant has some kind of contract that says they cant sell the same looking pedals on the internet...dont know though. i would love to use them but i jsut cant clip out fast enough :confused: .........HELP PLEASE

here is a pic of the pedal if it helps...the allen part of the pedal is made of plastic and does not rotate well but may be the adjustment thingy.......

Attachments

·
Foreign Entity
275 Posts
I don't think there is any tension adjustment on the Time pedals, at least that is my understanding.
The plastic cap with the allen wrench socket in it is a dust cap for the bearings and has nothing to do with the tension.

Not sure what makes you think Giant have some special deal on Time pedals, I know of at least one online store which sells them, pricepoint.com
Giant have been equipping bikes with Time pedals for a while though.

http://www.timesportusa.com/

·
\|/Home of the Braves\|/
1,926 Posts
I've been running a set of Aliums for a couple years and have never even wanted an adjustment. I just couldn't tweak in the crumby low end Shimanos that came on my (former) NRS. They either wouldn't let go or would release way too easy. I bought the Aliums and have had absolutely no problems, issues, or even thoughts about them since.
I'm not knocking Shimano in general but those 505 pedals just did not do it for me. I think they are sitting in a box in my garage...

·
Registered
65 Posts
The Aliums don't have an allen-adjustment like most other clipless pedals. The only way to make the Aliums easier/harder to clip in are how you wear the cleat. One install direction is easier and the other harder [for clipping in/out].

After a couple weeks the cleats wear down and make them easier to clip in/out. Good luck.

·
hipneck
108 Posts
Alum solution

If you want to get out of your Times faster go to speedgoat.com to the pedals section and you will find they have "shaved cleats" that will unclip faster. I got'em and they really helped me get used to the Times even though I eventually went back to the regular cleats.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, I've had them on my bike for a couple years now and they are awesome. No adjustments needed. The cleat installation allows you to vary it up a little bit, but I like to put some tri flow on the cleats and/or pedals which help me click in and out and little faster with less effort.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.