Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
roots, rocks, rhythm
A little of this and that........nothing cheap!
863 Posts
One of the few shots I got of me huckin on my "00 RFX.
:cool:

Attachments

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
Are you guys serious? Only 3 clydes on this board who get the tires more than 12" off the ground. Where you at clyde huckers :D

·
long standing member
3,095 Posts
dscot420 said:
Are you guys serious? Only 3 clydes on this board who get the tires more than 12" off the ground. Where you at clyde huckers :D
Well, for one thing, El C, kazlx and yourself have set the bar pretty damn high. Plus, I don't have a photographer follow me around as I (sometimes accidently :blush: ) drop off of things.

I'll do my part and bring a friend and try to get some air next time I ride. :thumbsup:

Patrick

·
roots, rocks, rhythm
A little of this and that........nothing cheap!
863 Posts
Ok then another shot.
Not that I am trying to keep up with El C, Kaz or Dscot................:smilewinkgrin:

Attachments

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,984 Posts
here is me going the biggest ever.......oh at 42 years old too

14 foot down and 8 feet out (verticle 14 feet....from take off to tip of landing 17 feet

some old shots too

Attachments

·
anyone else smell that?
2,314 Posts
jeesh. if i'm ever as far off the ground as any of these pics the landing is not going to be pretty....

·
long standing member
3,095 Posts
dscot420 said:
OK, I remembered I had this pic. With the little hop off the lip I think I got at least 14" of air, and if you look at my front wheel it's actually over two feet up in the air. :eek: :rolleyes: ;) Yes, I'm clipped in, with two water bottles and although you can't see it, my seatpost is still jacked up from my XC ride.

Edit: I forgot to include this obligatory info - 260lbs on a Kona Hoss.

·
anyone else smell that?
2,314 Posts
hey....how is kona geometry typically? are they typically pretty long in the top tube?

i've got an issue where i can't seem to find a frame that is right for me because it seems my upper torso is longer than my lower torso. i have a 30" inseam, but always feel cramped on a medium (say...18" or so frame) because i'm mostly finding 22" top tubes.

the bike fit guides all say i need around a 28-29" cockpit....but a 17.5" seat tube. almost sounds like a huge bmx bike!

·
Making fat cool since '71
1,840 Posts
It aint much:

but it's all I have access to at the moment. If I think about it I'll put up a couple more later, maybe, perhaps...

It's one bike and 35-45 lbs ago (I'm @ about 250 now).

Brock...

Attachments

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,984 Posts
ImaKlyde said:
but it's all I have access to at the moment. If I think about it I'll put up a couple more later, maybe, perhaps...

It's one bike and 35-45 lbs ago (I'm @ about 250 now).

Brock...

just keep on moving:thumbsup: ....good pic man.....

·
I wear two thongs
1,675 Posts
I dont really huck because I havent gotten that far but heres me:

230lbs on an '06 Iron Horse Yakuza Aniki and one shot on a '99 KHS Alite budget SS build:

1 - 20 of 134 Posts