Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, this is my first post on MTBR. I live, work, ski and ride in a great area for MTB. Many of you may know of the event history at Timberline and Davis WV. There are probably folks on this forum who rode in one of the many events. Any 24 Hours of Canaan vets out there?

I will start a blog (soon) on MTBR outlining what is happening now at Timberline Resort and when it will open this year for lift service riding. There will be an invitational to start the season, a race series and an end of season WVMBA event in late September. Till then I want to let people know that this privately owned ski resort is back in the game with some of the best DH trails I have ever seen. There is nothing like it, the terrain is HUGE! Natural wall rides, drops, DH tight bermed roads and glade mountain biking! What is that? Open woods with dozens of line choices, tree skiing on your MTB!

ALSO - Work is in progress for a pump track, and a four cross.

Let me know what you think. JR

·
I bike long tyme.
1,106 Posts
I'll be keeping an eye on this.

·
old broken downhiller
175 Posts
Hells yea man, that is good news - keep us posted please.

Livin' in Hedgesville, that's way less of a drive for me than to the Shoe...

·
Nice no rass
682 Posts
Sounds great. TL is only an hour and a half from here. It's got great skiing, I'd imagine the biking is just as good. Really cool terrain. I'd definitely come down and check it out this Summer.

One question: Will Willy be playing 24/7 in the Summer too? LMAO

Can't wait to check it out.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll never smoke weed with Willy again . . .

Every day that I work on the trails more options show themselves. Timberline has so much to offer. We are STOKED to get it going.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
crazy Jim said:
sounds like fun. I'll be Snowshoe the first week in July, how close is that to ya'll?
This place (Timberline) will be fun. Yes you are close, within 1 1/2 hours easy. Go north to Elkins to Harmon to Canaan Valley and Timberline. The drive will be worth it, I know.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The beginning of the new start for T-line

The below italic is on the web site . . . BUT . . . Everyone is invited on this weekend, no charge! We will look kindly at those who contribute $15 to our general fund. This fund goes to food and beverage for the day and to feeding volunteers during the trail work (pump track and SL) to come.

Go to:

http://www.timberlineresort.com/

May 31st - June 1st Timberline will host an invitational weekend of riding. Members of Mid-Atlantic race organizations, professionals riders, clubs, shop owners/employees and locals are all invited to attend. The format of the vent will feature a variety of attractions. There will be guided sessions at 10 am and 2 pm led by the people who built Timberline's system of trails and riding areas. J.R. Nolan, who is in charge of the mountain bike operation, believes that this will be, "...a unique opportunity and the best way to discover the wealth of riding that is Timberline." Nolan adds that the allure of the biking terrain is evident, "...based on the successful past events held at Timberline." Call 1-800-766-9464 for more information.

·
song of the saw-whet owl
428 Posts
jrnolan said:
The below italic is on the web site . . . BUT . . . Everyone is invited on this weekend, no charge! We will look kindly at those who contribute $15 to our general fund. This fund goes to food and beverage for the day and to feeding volunteers during the trail work (pump track and SL) to come.
any specific times this weekend or just show up when its daylight? $15... no problemo! nice pics btw! who are the riders? looks like jason and.. ben?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
May 31st - June 1st Timberline will host an invitational weekend of riding (see italic in my previous post).

This weekend, May 17 & 18 a trail work crew is looking for volunteers. Meet @ 10 both days.

Yep, Jason and Ben on bikes from Blackwater Bikes, thanks Roger!

Photos by J.R. Petsko (I Play Outside)

I'll PM you about Memorial weekend

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks like a pretty sweet time. I am not going to be disapointed at all if my Memorial Weekend plans fall through and I can make it up. Hopefully a trip to the Valley will be in store for me here soon....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, here are some more. The Cannondale Moto provided by Blackwater Bikes (thanks Roger)- climbed up some steep terrain with Jason on it. He is strong but that bike is good for going up and down.

Attachments

·
beautiful jackass
637 Posts
I would like to see some of the bigger features mentioned like "Natural wall rides, drops, DH tight bermed roads and glade mountain biking!"

So far, you have illustrated the kind of terrain I can find on regular old local trails.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts