Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,171 Posts
They should hire you, I've been to their site and tried looking at the map on it- horrible.

J-Ha how would you compare the difficulty of the trails there to Bryce? We talked a little at Bryce. My friend and I just got back into park riding last year and still plan on going back, but also want to hit some other places in the area.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right on... Thanks ya'll!

Hey TwoTone, I remember talking with you... I hope you're doing well! Regarding the Bryce/ Timberline comparison... I would say it's apples to oranges.

Where Bryce really excels with machine-built trails that have been very well designed for various skill levels of riders; Timberline has a trail network of all hand-built singletrack and doubletrack trails, with skill levels basically being difficult, more difficult and most difficult. I have tried to depict this in the map... there are no "blue blaze" and certainly no "green blaze" trails.

Proficiency at speed on the singletrack sections of Bryce's "Screwdriver" trail would translate well to Timberline. Being comfortable in the rock garden and the steep chute on Bryce's "Copperhead" trail would also be comparable.

Here is a link to my Timberline video page on Pinkbike:
Timberline

I hope this helps and I'm looking forward to taking a few laps with ya this season!

·
Registered
10,171 Posts
Right on... Thanks ya'll!

Hey TwoTone, I remember talking with you... I hope you're doing well! Regarding the Bryce/ Timberline comparison... I would say it's apples to oranges.

Where Bryce really excels with machine-built trails that have been very well designed for various skill levels of riders; Timberline has a trail network of all hand-built singletrack and doubletrack trails, with skill levels basically being difficult, more difficult and most difficult. I have tried to depict this in the map... there are no "blue blaze" and certainly no "green blaze" trails.

Proficiency at speed on the singletrack sections of Bryce's "Screwdriver" trail would translate well to Timberline. Being comfortable in the rock garden and the steep chute on Bryce's "Copperhead" trail would also be comparable.

Here is a link to my Timberline video page on Pinkbike:
Timberline

I hope this helps and I'm looking forward to taking a few laps with ya this season!
Exactly what we are looking for. While the groomed BMX style flow trails are nice, we are old school and like the hard single track type trails.
Copperhead and Screwdriver were our favorite trails.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Boom! I was going to ask the same question and definitely need to keep in touch with you guys to meet up. From VB, it looks like Snowshoe is closer than Timberline, so I think that will be our next adventure west if we go past Bryce.

The fact that you threw that map together is pretty awesome man. Nice work.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Boom! I was going to ask the same question and definitely need to keep in touch with you guys to meet up. From VB, it looks like Snowshoe is closer than Timberline, so I think that will be our next adventure west if we go past Bryce.

The fact that you threw that map together is pretty awesome man. Nice work.
Word, that sounds like a plan... and thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.