Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been out to the Tillamook trails?... Brown's Camp, Wilson River Trail, or anything around there?

I imagine they're under some snow right now and probably some downed trees. I've heard they drain pretty well and can be ridden most of the year, but haven't been out there in the winter myself. How do they usually fair in the winter? Are they or will they be rideable before summer?

·
Ride More Work Less
372 Posts
Wilson River Trail and Storey Burn Trail are the only ones that really do drain well and do not have a lot of mud during the winter. Usually I can go out 4 miles to Wolf Creek, west from the Forestry Center once the snow retreats a bit. Elevation is about 500' at the FC and a couple of climbs that go up to 700' before dropping back down to 550' or so at Wolf Creek. Once I see the snow gone from the webcam, I know riding is possible. Last year at this time under similar conditions (over a foot of snow at Browns Camp), I was able to ride WRT as described above. I also was able to ride it every weekend in Feb. I say go out there and check it out.

http://www.tillamookforestcenter.org/webcam.cfm

·
highly visible
3,284 Posts
It's often possible to ride there this time of year, but I'm guessing a lot of last month's snow is still there, and I'm also guessing that recent storms have downed a ton of trees. Probably a big mess there right now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.