Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm trying to tighten the chainring bolts for the large rings on my deus cranks and am having great difficulty holding the back nut in place. I don't own a screw driver that's wide enough to do the job.

What are other using/doing?

Cheers

Vang

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
These are without a doubt the coolest tool for that.

If it's the alloy chainring bolts they are a PITA to tighten, I eventually switched back to the old steel set with the Race Face name on the bolt heads because they were easier to tighten and you can tighten them without worrying about twisting the heads off.

If you have a metal nail file, a putty knife, or the back edge of a kitchen knife, that will usually hold the nut in place enough to get the bolt to tighten instead of spinning the nut with it.

·
Vaginatarian
5,686 Posts
vang said:
Shiggy, where did you get this tool and what is it? I can't quite make out the writing on it. Cheers, Vang.
thats a Park tool, there is also several screwdriver with tabs tools, the park is the easiest and usually you dont have to pull your cranks to access the nuts with it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I ended up using a blunted chisel. After a lot effort for four bolts it did the job. I've got the park tool shiggy suggested on its way. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.