Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any success reducing Hayes brake noise by adjusting the pad springs, so they have a firmer grip on the post? If so, what did you do and how did you do it? Thanks. - Dave

·
Registered
239 Posts
dnpeters said:
Has anyone had any success reducing Hayes brake noise by adjusting the pad springs, so they have a firmer grip on the post? If so, what did you do and how did you do it? Thanks. - Dave
I've never had to do this but you would probably, very gently, squeeze the spring together at the section that slips over the piston post.

·
Registered
29 Posts
dnpeters said:
I some how doubt that will change anything, as when you brake you squeeze those things pretty firm. =)
Have you tried softer pads? Hayes original are pretty soft.

·
Registered
138 Posts
tough one

those things are a total pain in the butt, i know what you're dealing with. i've tried to twist and bend those things a couple times to get a tighter fit and it's a real challenge. i would love to see hayes come up with a better, more solid designed spring.

i ended up grabbing one from an old set of avid mechs and that worked perfectly.

sorry i wasn't more helpful, just sharing in your frustration!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.