Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I decided to say out with the old and in with the new.

2011 Demo 8 1. Pretty hard to get black/gold color. Color matched boxxer WC, Vivid air, X0 rd, X9 shift, Code R brakes (203 f, 185 r) with ti hardware, Chromag dm stem and bar, Thomson setback post. Everything else is stock. 37.07 w/o pedals before I cut the seatpost down and installed the ti hardware on the brakes. Next additions are either A- Red cassette/rd/xx shifter and a Gamut 36 t ring or B- Sram 990 cassette and Gamut 36t ring.

Pretty pleased overall with it though.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rudster said:
37# no kidding...nice looking rig.
The vivid air cuts down A LOT of weight. I'm sure I can get it into the high 36's with a new chainring and cassette. And if I go to xc tubes and single ply tires... Maybe less.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,632 Posts
his dudeness said:
The vivid air cuts down A LOT of weight. I'm sure I can get it into the high 36's with a new chainring and cassette. And if I go to xc tubes and single ply tires... Maybe less.
That vivid air looks like a big can of woop azz:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First ride will be this weekend. I'm kind of blindly going into a full air suspension setup and with using RS after riding a bike that was Fox coil sprung. So fine tuning might take a bit of time but I'm sure once all is said and done this thing is ging to rip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,632 Posts
his dudeness said:
First ride will be this weekend. I'm kind of blindly going into a full air suspension setup and with using RS after riding a bike that was Fox coil sprung. So fine tuning might take a bit of time but I'm sure once all is said and done this thing is ging to rip.
I think me and Greg are going out to Pacifica, Sat, @ 10 or 11ish. Give us a call if want to join in.:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tim F. said:
I think me and Greg are going out to Pacifica, Sat, @ 10 or 11ish. Give us a call if want to join in.:thumbsup:
Riding somewhere's else with Mike. He's got to be back home by the time you're planning on leaving so our day has to be early.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They're the Code R. I don't have a pic of them but they're essentially Elixir R levers and Code calipers. Simple, light, and less internal funk in the lever to potentially go wrong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
682 Posts
Dude that thing looks so badass! Nice...
 

·
GAME ON!
Joined
·
4,965 Posts
this is my second favourite behind the crazy green frame. looks capable.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top