Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never picked up one before but got my first tick at White Ranch I'm pretty sure, near the top of Belcher Trail. I don't even think it bit me cause I saw it walking by me on the floor of my bathroom. Not a big deal but just never had one and I ride JeffCo trails all the time (with the exception of White Ranch, was my first time).

Wifey kind of freaked out though lol. What if any, kind of precautions do you take so that you don't bring those little guys into the house other than checking yourself out after each ride?

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Given all the nasty disease's that you can get from ticks it is something you can take seriously. A lot of the precautions that are recommended aren't that attractive to cyclists, at least if you're climbing. Things like long pants and sleeves, tucking pants into socks. Not something you want to do on a long climb on a hot day. Try to avoid brushing against tall grass and shrubs as much as possible and check yourself frequently.

·
Registered
90 Posts
When I lived in Missouri I remember my worst ride experience ever on the Berryman Trail.

100 Degree day. 100% humidity.

And had to stop every 30 minutes to pick ticks off my fiancee and her to pick them off me. Had one buried in me and had to dig out with a knife. We probably had at least 50 on each other that day.

Very happy to be in CO now :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
I live a bit above White Ranch, up near Centennial Cone. I can tell you that we always get terrible ticks this time of year. Usually by mid May they taper off, but they're still going strong so far this season.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts