Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Billings, Montana
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of maybe buying one this week. My lbs is getting a 13" this week for me to check out. I'm wanting it for dj, and raising the seat for some trails, and all around goofing off. I didn't research my last bike (giant rincon) before I bought it and ended up hating it (the fork). I noticed that there's zero info on this bike, is it because it is new?

·
Billings, Montana
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, just looking for any opinions on the bike in general, and perhaps the components? I don't want to make the mistake I made with my last bike, especially since this one is quite a bit more expensive.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Frame
Alpha Gold Aluminum w/semi-integrated head tube, shaped, formed & gusseted down tube, reinforced seat tube, ISCG 05 mounts, bolt-on forged vertical dropouts, convertible to singlespeed

Front suspension
Manitou Circus Comp w/coil spring, preload, rebound, lockout, steel steerer, 20mm thru axle, 100mm travel

Sizes
13, 14.5, 16, 17"

Wheels
Formula DH92 20mm 32-hole alloy front hub, Formula DC58 36-hole rear hub; Alex FR30 disc rims

Tires
Bontrager G1 Expert, 26x2.25"
Drivetrain

Shifters
SRAM X4, 8 speed

Rear derailleur
SRAM X4

Crank
Truvativ Hussefelt, 34T

Cassette
SRAM PG-830 11-28, 8 speed

Pedals
Black Label alloy

Saddle
Bontrager Evoke 2, chromoly rails

Seatpost
Bontrager, forged, 31.6mm, 20mm offset

Handlebar
Bontrager Low Riser OS, 31.8mm, 15mm rise, 9 degree sweep

Stem
Bontrager Earl, 31.8mm

Headset
1-1/8" threadless, semi-integrated, semi-cartridge bearings

Brakeset
Shimano M446 hydraulic disc brakes

Grips
Bontrager Rhythm, dual lock-on

·
Billings, Montana
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Frame
Alpha Gold Aluminum w/semi-integrated head tube, shaped, formed & gusseted down tube, reinforced seat tube, ISCG 05 mounts, bolt-on forged vertical dropouts, convertible to singlespeed

Front suspension
Manitou Circus Comp w/coil spring, preload, rebound, lockout, steel steerer, 20mm thru axle, 100mm travel

Sizes
13, 14.5, 16, 17"

Wheels
Formula DH92 20mm 32-hole alloy front hub, Formula DC58 36-hole rear hub; Alex FR30 disc rims

Tires
Bontrager G1 Expert, 26x2.25"
Drivetrain

Shifters
SRAM X4, 8 speed

Rear derailleur
SRAM X4

Crank
Truvativ Hussefelt, 34T

Cassette
SRAM PG-830 11-28, 8 speed

Pedals
Black Label alloy

Saddle
Bontrager Evoke 2, chromoly rails

Seatpost
Bontrager, forged, 31.6mm, 20mm offset

Handlebar
Bontrager Low Riser OS, 31.8mm, 15mm rise, 9 degree sweep

Stem
Bontrager Earl, 31.8mm

Headset
1-1/8" threadless, semi-integrated, semi-cartridge bearings

Brakeset
Shimano M446 hydraulic disc brakes

Grips
Bontrager Rhythm, dual lock-on
Thanks dude, but those aren't really opinions...:confused:

Anyway, I bought it today, hopefully will take it for a Ride tonight. I don't really have anything to compare it to, but the quality overall seems really nice. I'm digging the color.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I work for a trek dealer. My riding style/background starts at bmx. This is one of the best dirt jumpers (stock) youre gonna find and to have it affordable makes it that much better. If you want a single speed the stub is it, if you want multispeed, you got the right bike. Basically with this bike you have a 26" BMX bike with some mountain bike features. I dont see how you could ask for more lol

·
Billings, Montana
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I work for a trek dealer. My riding style/background starts at bmx. This is one of the best dirt jumpers (stock) youre gonna find and to have it affordable makes it that much better. If you want a single speed the stub is it, if you want multispeed, you got the right bike. Basically with this bike you have a 26" BMX bike with some mountain bike features. I dont see how you could ask for more lol
I took it down town for few hours last night. I really liked riding this bike! The fork is great!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Since you are a trek dealer I was wondering if I could get your opinion also? Would you say the Exchange can do more than just dirtjumping? I am looking for a bike that can do it all and is durable. I hear a slope style bike is more of what I'm looking for but they are just too expensive! The price tag on the Ticket Exchange is just right for me! I have some dirt jumps i want ride this bike on but also I want to ride some semi-aggressive off-road trails with a few 3-4 ft drops (not to flat). What do ya think?

·
Registered
32 Posts
The geometry is set up to jump. When you jump, you have a landing. When youre on a technical trail, a dirt jumper isnt made to handle the hard jar-ing of a technical trail. Not that it wont hold up... Its just built to go through that.

To you other guys, the stub is a single speed. Not everyone can handle that lol.

·
Billings, Montana
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The geometry is set up to jump. When you jump, you have a landing. When youre on a technical trail, a dirt jumper isnt made to handle the hard jar-ing of a technical trail. Not that it wont hold up... Its just built to go through that.

To you other guys, the stub is a single speed. Not everyone can handle that lol.
Not that I want to argue, but it seems that trek is marketing the ticket as a "dual use" type. I just re read the info on the trek website here, and it specifically mentions Trail/dirt jump versatility
Ticket - Overview - Trek Bicycle

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not saying it cant be done. Ride a 20 inch with no suspension, while keeping up with the myna bikers then ill be impressed. That's how I got my start. I said what I said to save you from not getting warrantied if it breaks. I work for a trek dealer... they don't warranty everything guys

·
Billings, Montana
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not saying it cant be done. Ride a 20 inch with no suspension, while keeping up with the myna bikers then ill be impressed. That's how I got my start. I said what I said to save you from not getting warrantied if it breaks. I work for a trek dealer... they don't warranty everything guys
No worries. I appreciate the input. I've never broken a bike, well that's not true a diamondback bmx bike in the 80's, but I wouldn't abuse a bike like that again. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.