Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4:27am...half hour before I ride 12 miles to Pewaukee with all my gear for the Pewaukee Triathlon...fixie style.

My only concern is that I will get passed on the looooong downhill to T2. So what I'll be on the Black Hole, riding it like an a-hole...

Have not done a triathlon in 4 years. Last one I did was an x-terra I was doing year after year while living in CA.

I'm older, wiser, and can't wait to see the 1st timers get the jitters like I did in my first one back in 93...

I'll write something up in HBFK later...need to update the site.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
geesh!

lelebebbel said:
there's this guy in the german singlespeed forum who won the brandenburg state triathlon championship 05 on a fixie, avs 27mph. Gearing: 55-16 iirc...
It was fun, but there's no way I would've pushed that tall of a gear up the hills. I'd be walking.

It was the best swim I've ever done. I don't swim for triathlons, never have, but I did step up shoulder weight lifting.

Swim starts and I took my time, passing people, evading treacherous and delicious bass...
Got on the bike and was out like a bat out of hell. Passed everyone in front of me. Did the hilly around-the-lake course in 40 minutes. Fastest speed was 40mph (I carry a garmin gps sonovabich unit on my handlebars http://www.garmin.com/products/forerunner101/. I was passed by a guy on a tri bike down the last hill. He had it on his 55/11 , pedaling, but I passed him again up the next hill, and again, he passed me down.

As I was nearing the end of the bike course, I heard "FIXIE GUY! YEAH! WAHOOO!!!! YEAH!"

The three mile run was ok. I need to run more if I wan to do more triathlons...

As I was nearing the end of the run, again, I heard those guys "FIXIE GUY! HELL YEAH! YOU SHOW'EM!!!" I gave them the peace sign and stepped up the run into the finish.

20 minutes later, I was splashing with Annabel in the beach, just trying to cool off this heat...it is so damn hot right now. No central air, just a little unit on the window that is working overtime...

·
34N 118W
2,246 Posts
nice goin' ! I got so caught up in your freakin Care Bearsformers post that I almost missed this one. Glad to hear you're out there givin' 'em hell and not just sitting on the porch with your binoculars, watching migratory birds like the last time I saw you.

"oooh, it's a Turdus migratorius!"

ernesto_from_Wisconsin said:
...it is so damn hot right now. No central air, just a little unit on the window that is working overtime...
maybe if you started winning some races you could afford a bigger a/c unit. I'm just sayin'. Think of Annabel.

·
Don't be a sheep
3,442 Posts
Actually not that big a deal. For years (before the whole" I ride a fixie" thing) people have been doing TT's on converted pursuit track bikes. Not because they want to look cool but because they are faster on certain courses. It's basically a loooooong track pursuit.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ain't...

Hollywood said:
nice goin' ! I got so caught up in your freakin Care Bearsformers post that I almost missed this one. Glad to hear you're out there givin' 'em hell and not just sitting on the porch with your binoculars, watching migratory birds like the last time I saw you.

"oooh, it's a Turdus migratorius!"

maybe if you started winning some races you could afford a bigger a/c unit. I'm just sayin'. Think of Annabel.
The only thing I win are whatever comes out of a gumball machine, but that also comes with a price.

I do, I think of Annabel...of all the children who don't have AC...the sadness. So 10th world country in Oconomowoc, Weesconseen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.