Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sent off these ti frames to their new homes.
The Eleven (FCR) Singlespeed is going to a young racer I sponsor. All I ask is that he wins.
That ti sure feels good to touch. On the other hand, ti prep is way to messy to deal with.It's on my hands, the floor, and the cat now.

Attachments

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Bikerbob.com said:
Just sent off these ti frames to their new homes.
The Eleven (FCR) Singlespeed is going to a young racer I sponsor. All I ask is that he wins.
That ti sure feels good to touch. On the other hand, ti prep is way to messy to deal with.It's on my hands, the floor, and the cat now.
Bikerbob.. if I wear your jersey for my next ride, can you send me a Ti ML?

That's a sweeeeeet bike. The Eleven is pretty nice and clean, but just thinking SS makes my knees hurt!

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
crisillo said:
Roberto, repeat after me...
SS!
SS!
SS!
SS!
SS!
SS!
SS!

See... it feels easier every time you say it!
Hey, I tried that. I'm at the office, I thougth I said SS..SS..SS, but my coworkers complained and told me that I make funny noices that sounded like:

Ouch!
Ouch!
Ouch!
Ouch!
Ouch!
Ouch!
Ouch!
Ouch!
Ouch!
Ouch!

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
rzozaya1969 said:
Hey, I tried that. I'm at the office, I thougth I said SS..SS..SS, but my coworkers complained and told me that I make funny noices that sounded like:

Ouch!
Ouch!
Ouch!
Ouch!
Ouch!
Ouch!
Ouch!
Ouch!
Ouch!
Ouch!
:lol: JEJEJEJEJEJE :lol:

·
11 is one louder than 10
1,408 Posts
I've said it before

Titus need to advertise their Ti work a LOT more.

IMO it's on par with Moots and Seven as far as build quality.

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
snowdrifter said:
I'm no SS expert, but doesn't a EBB make for away better setup than sliding dropouts?
I personally prefer EBB, but some don't like that the BB position changes relative to the seat (this can be compensated for, of course), it is also a little heavier... but I still prefer it...

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
Green Giant said:
Titus need to advertise their Ti work a LOT more.

IMO it's on par with Moots and Seven as far as build quality.
Totally agree with you GG, I have been a promoter of Titus Ti products for years and it amazes me how many people will overpay for a litespeed product rather then buy a Titus Titanium masterpiece.........Geez, It drives me crazy........Oh well, gotta go stroke one of my Ti bikes, its calling to me......

·
Registered
49 Posts
That Ti ML is mine !

I'm pretty sure that Ti ML is mine, thx Bob, nice doing business with you.

My LBS just called and I will be able to pick up the finished goods tomorrow. Thankfully the rain has stopped in Houston and the weekend will be 55 deg and sunny. You can bet that on Saturday morning I will be at Rocky Hill putting the first of hopefully thousands of miles on it. My other bike is a 36 lb. Ellsworth Moment freeride beast. Going to a 25 lb. Porche should be like going from commercial to BC super bud.

Set-Up

-2007 Ti ML - Large
-2007 Talas and MP23
-Juicy Ultimates, 160's F/R
-XO shifters and der's
-2007 Easton 31.8 Nano Carbon Bars cut down to 25". Nasty decals have been covered up
-Thompson X4 Stem 100 mm, 0 deg
-Seatpost- waiting for the Exogrid from Bob, in the meantime a Silver Thompson Elite
-Seat - Gobi something
-Crossmax SL's
-Crank - TruVative Stylo Team Carbon with Blackspire rings 800 grams - I know that TruVative stinks, but it was free and light - Have a 2006 XTR ready to replace the TV when it breaks
-2006 XTR Cassette, $105.00 from Jensen, what a deal !
-Sram PC 980 chain
-2.1 Maxxis tubeless Ignitor rear / 2.35 front
-Grips -Ruffians with Dangerboy Bar Caps - Bob, you sent me the wrong grips or I told you to send me the Rogues ???
-Salsa seatpost thing and Skewers
Last and not Least - King Ti headset, King Ti cage

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
crisillo said:
I though that Ti with Ti wasn't a good idea since the could "bond" together... I know you can put Ti Prep, but I still have the impression it was a "no go"... any idea?
As you said... Ti Prep and that's it. It should be done on a regular I think.

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ti for two

Ti prep. Just don't like to touch it. Hard to clean up.
Why have a ti bike if you can't have the ti headset!
If the silver Motolite I ordered for myself doesn't do it for me, then I will ask Santa Matthias for a custom ti (just like my very first Racer X). I can never decide if i ride a large or a medium.

Preview of the most recent exo build, almost done-needs chain and cable housings. And to put the brake line in place.
Under 25 pounds with several more options to save more left.

Attachments

·
Registered
631 Posts
oh Maaaan! That's really nice....

Curious, how does that junction between the carbon seatstay and the metal part of the seatstay look? The part just south of the carbon link (rocker deal)... Looks kinda funky in the last photo.

simp

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.