Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bike Junkie
Joined
·
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I've got an XCE with Fox Vanilla RC shock and wanted to know if anyone has any oppinions on replacing the spring with a Titanium one or have any direct experience with this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,516 Posts
BlackOut said:
Hey folks, I've got an XCE with Fox Vanilla RC shock and wanted to know if anyone has any oppinions on replacing the spring with a Titanium one or have any direct experience with this?
No direct experience, but there's no reason why it couldn't or shouldn't be done. Finding one might be a whole different ball game. I'd check with Scott or Crispy at Go-Ride.com and the fellas who did the large Romic batch, I think it was 123bikes.com... not sure though.
 

·
Lay off the Levers
Joined
·
10,130 Posts
CrashTheDOG said:
No direct experience, but there's no reason why it couldn't or shouldn't be done. Finding one might be a whole different ball game. I'd check with Scott or Crispy at Go-Ride.com and the fellas who did the large Romic batch, I think it was 123bikes.com... not sure though.
Another thought, you might look into finding out if the Ti-spring from a Truth Romic will fit. If so, you might be able to get one from the classifieds or from the mfgr direct.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,024 Posts
Bikezilla said:
Another thought, you might look into finding out if the Ti-spring from a Truth Romic will fit. If so, you might be able to get one from the classifieds or from the mfgr direct.
.....guys! He has a FOX RC! A romic spring will definitely NOT fit that. Go-Ride does indeed stock the Fox Ti springs & they are much more readily available than the Romic's. Shortest stroke available is a 2" tho. Check it HERE

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Ti Spring is good

On your XCE the Ti spring will work very well and you will eliminate any corosion, Free Length loss in the future and will probably never need another spring unless you gain or lose loads of weight. 123bikes.com does have them for the Fox too. How much do you weigh?
D.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
I have a float that I sent to PUSH to get their overhaul, and it really kicks butt. I would recommend spending the money that you would spend on a ti spring on their upgrade. Or do both if you spend money like water like I do :)
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top