Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
hands up who wants to die
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know of a manufacturer for ti springs that fit Vivid 2" / 2.25" shocks?

No cigar on Diverse, Obtainium or (I think) Nuke Proof.

-r

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
My only suggestion would be to call Jim at Obtainium. Last time I saw/rode with him, he had some wierd one-off stuff. I think most was longer than what you need (you should measure your max spring free length as you might have room for a longer spring) but it is worth a call if you are set on it.

The problem is that the smaller spring lengths just dont offer the weight savings that a bigger spring would....and the pricing is going to be pretty much the same, so the short springs end up being a pretty poor bang/buck. I would love to get a hold of a 2" ti spring for my CCDB, so I know where you are comming from, but they are few and far between and their are WAY better ways to spend that kind of $$ IMO.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
davep said:
My only suggestion would be to call Jim at Obtainium. Last time I saw/rode with him, he had some wierd one-off stuff. I think most was longer than what you need (you should measure your max spring free length as you might have room for a longer spring) but it is worth a call if you are set on it.

The problem is that the smaller spring lengths just dont offer the weight savings that a bigger spring would....and the pricing is going to be pretty much the same, so the short springs end up being a pretty poor bang/buck. I would love to get a hold of a 2" ti spring for my CCDB, so I know where you are comming from, but they are few and far between and their are WAY better ways to spend that kind of $$ IMO.
diverse and nuke proof ti springs both fit ccdb's and are available.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
norcosam said:
diverse and nuke proof ti springs both fit ccdb's and are available.
davep said:
...and their are WAY better ways to spend that kind of $$ IMO.
If I were to get one, I would stick to Beta C rather than no-name Asian ti. I have access to several brands at cost, and even at wholesale, for that size spring, it is not worth the price for the little benefit.

·
hands up who wants to die
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
350# for 2.25" stroke and ID is 1.5" for Vivid (and Avy). Free length of the steel spring I have is 5.25".

And, I emailed Obtainium already, thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.