Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing my mint Fox Float RP3 (yes it's for sale, make an offer!) with a Marzocchi Roco TST for the upcoming season and I'd like to toss a Ti spring on it but I'm not sure if anyone makes one. From what I've seen you can get them for strokes down to 2.25" but not 2.0". So my questions are:

- Does anyone make a Ti spring that's about 550 x 2.0"
- Can I use a 550 x 2.25 spring? I realize going with the longer spring ads a bit of weight that I'm trying to lose but maybe it's my only option.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm...so I guess this size does exist. That classified ad is for a 700lbs spring though and I'm running a 550...might squeeze to a 600 but a 700 is a stretch.

I checked out RCS's website and they didn't have much info or links to online dealers there but I'll keep my eyes peeled for a place that sells em.

It's interesting that Go-Ride.com says they don't in a size to fit strokes shorter than 2.25 and they don't come in a weight stiffer than 600lbs but that classified ad wyrm posted dubunks both of those statements. Anyways, I'll keep looking...thanks for the help and thanks for the chainguide wyrm...it's a great little device.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still no 2.0" stroke spring there....is a 2.25 okay? Because these springs aren't rising rate it seems like it would fit fine because it will fit on a 7.875 x 2.25 shock since that's a common size so I doubt I'd be unable to back the preload off 1/3".

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
2.25" stroke is fine... you can pretty much always get away with running a longer stroke spring... it's when you're running a shorter spring that you'll run into trouble with coil bind...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.