Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
GET the Eriksen

you dial out the allen bolt - this allows the outer "caps/disks" to move outward as well....drop your seat rails in there.....there are groves in the disks/caps that accept the saddle rails..... and then dial in the allen and you are golden....MOOTS recently moved to this design though not nearly as nice as Kents saddles...[I think pioneered by Bontrager]...as has USE.

Loving my Eriksen #263

·
Registered
774 Posts
I go 250+ and have been riding an Eriksen on my rigid SS for almost a year-and-a-half now without a single issue. The clamp design allows fine tilt adjustment and holds very well once torqued. Moots now has a newer design available that allows side access for the adjustments as well, but it is $$$$.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I think the new Moots is sweet, but I think it costs more.

My friend had Kent build him a custom post that is 410mm or so with an aluminum insert at the bottom. He weighed 240 when he got it, but is I think running about 220 lbs now. It slipped 1 time, but never since he put the right amount of torque on it. I'm surprised how well its working for him. I looks very nice too.

·
Singletrack minded
1,948 Posts
Eriksen

Love mine in every aspect. One issue was slippage, which was more a fault of the whole SIR9/Salsa liplock/post setup, but some paper slipped down between seatpost and seat tube fixed it permanently.

Attachments

·
Beware the Blackbuck!
469 Posts
Wish I Were Riding said:
My friend had Kent build him a custom post that is 410mm or so with an aluminum insert at the bottom. He weighed 240 when he got it, but is I think running about 220 lbs now. It slipped 1 time, but never since he put the right amount of torque on it. I'm surprised how well its working for him. I looks very nice too.
What is this aluminum insert for? And did it slip into the frame, or did the seat angle slip... It looks like a sweet post.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
ShadowsCast said:
What is this aluminum insert for? And did it slip into the frame, or did the seat angle slip... It looks like a sweet post.
The insert was just extra precaution for his weight and how long the post was. It adds stiffness at the bottom wear it goes into the frame.

It slipped only one time and it was the seat angle. He came down on the back of the seat, and it moved. But never again since then.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I splurged for one on my recent Gunnar Ruffian build, I only have 1 real ride on it before the snow started to fly, no slipage issues.

The seat (a WTB Pure V) was a bit of a pain to get mounted but once I had the seat rails in the clamp, adjustment was super easy, way better than a 2 bolt design IMO.

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
I ride a custom Eriksen on my fully rigid 29er (Niner MCR9). I'm 6'2" and 180lbs, and the post has been a dream. Gives a bit of cushion on the full rigid, and it was the only thing I could find to get the length I needed (420mm or longer). Plus he did a custom layback/offset for me (basically I have longer than average legs for my height, and longer ratio femurs, so that messes with more typical stuff). Pics:

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,287 Posts
The Squeaky Wheel said:
...unlike that obese dickwad FoShizzle
ouch...not kewl to mock me. my new years resolution is to lose some weight indeed...not sure i can get down to 160 like you but am hoping to get down to 170 from 175 and have scheduled my lap-band surgery accordingly to start the year off right

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.